What is an Ambry in Interior Design?
An ambry is a large cupboard or recess in a medieval church, typically with doors, used for storage. The English equivalent is a cupboard with shelves for storage. Ambries were often fitted with locks to protect the contents from theft. Today, ambries are still used in churches and other public buildings for storing items such as:
- and vestments.
In homes, ambries are usually found in the kitchen or pantry and are used for storing food, dishes, and cooking supplies. Many modern homes also have built-in ambries in the form of cabinets or closets. These built-in storage areas are usually outfitted with shelves, drawers, and doors to maximize their storage potential. Ambries are an important part of interior design, as they provide a place to store items that would otherwise be taking up valuable space in the home. By utilizing an ambry, you can keep your home organized and tidy while still having access to all the things you need.
Advantages of an Ambry in Interior Design
There are many advantages to incorporating an ambry into your home’s interior design:
- First, ambries provide a great way to keep your belongings organized and out of the way. By storing items in an ambry, you can free up space in your home that would otherwise be taken up by clutter.
- Second, ambries can help to protect your belongings from damage. When items are stored in an ambry, they are less likely to be damaged by dust, dirt, or other potential hazards.
- Third, ambries can add a touch of style to your home. Many ambries are beautifully crafted and can serve as a focal point in any room.
- Fourth, and finally, built-inambries can increase the value of your home. If you are ever looking to sell your home, potential buyers will be impressed by the presence of an ambry and may be willing to pay more for your property.
If you are considering adding an ambry to your home, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- First, you will need to decide where you would like to place your ambry.
- Second, you will need to choose a style that fits with the rest of your home’s décor.
- And third, you will need to make sure that your ambry is big enough to accommodate all of the items you want to store inside it. With a little planning and forethought, an ambry can be a great addition to any home.
Disadvantages of an Ambry in Interior Design
There are a few disadvantages to incorporating an ambry into your home’s interior design:
- First, ambries can be costly to install. If you are looking to add an ambry to your home on a budget, you may want to consider other storage options.
- Second, ambries can be difficult to clean. shelves and other hard-to-reach areas of an ambry can be tough to dust and vacuum, and you may need to hire professional cleaners to do the job properly.
- And third, built-inambries can be challenging to change or remove if you ever decide you no longer want them in your home. This is something you will need to keep in mind if you are considering adding a built-in ambry to your home.
Despite these disadvantages, ambries can still be a great addition to any home. If you are looking for a way to keep your belongings organized and out of the way, an ambry may be right for you. Just be sure to weigh the pros and cons before making your final decision.
Ambry Organizing, Simplify And Design